You can adjust the amount of ingredients as you like.
Mirin will add a more sweet flavor, and shouyu will add a stronger flavor to the rice.
Shiitake mushrooms have a very strong flavor, so just a few pieces will do.
- Chicken - half a pound
- Shredded carrot - estimate the amount as you like
- Bamboo shoots - As you like
- Shiitake Mushroom - 2 - 4 pieces
- Hondashi - About 1 tea spoon
- Shouyu (soy sauce) - 1 1/2 table spoon
- Mirin - 1/2 table spoon
- Rice - 1~2 cup if the rice cooker is large, you may put two cups of rice
1. Wash the rice and let it stand for about 20 minutes.
2. While the rice is getting prepared, soak the shiitake mushrooms in water. When they are soft, get rid of the stem of the mushrooms and cut the mushrooms into small pieces.
3. Cook the chicken well, with vegetable oil, and sprinkle a little salt to your liking.
4. When the rice has stood for over 20 minutes, add some water a little over the level of rice. Then put the cooked chicken, shiitake mushrooms, carrots and bamboo shoots into the rice cooker.
5. Over the ingredients, add the hondashi, shouyu and mirin.
6. Cover the lid of the rice cooker and turn on the switch. It is ready when the rice cooker is done!
STEP 1 and STEP 2
STEP 4 and STEP 5